Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A Serious Note Today

Normally, I'm all about the joke. All about the laughs. All about the irony. Today is different. Why?

It all started with a chain letter... a simple, annoying fucking chain letter. An e-Petition, to be exact, asking for 500 signatures to try and stop the release of two killers that abducted and horribly tortured and murdered a toddler in Liverpool England -- James Bulger.

Now I'm not the type to buy into chain letters... in fact, one of my favorite things to do is debunk them and inform the send that they're a moron for believing it. I am well aware that the two killers were already released in 2001 and given new identities, so the e-Petition would be useless anyway.

But I made the mistake that has been haunting me all damn morning: I dug deeper into the details of the actual case. What these two 10 year old boys did to this 2 year old is beyond fucking horrible. The fucking details... just stick in my head. I associate this poor little boy with my own 3 year old boy.

The part that really kills me... is that so many people (38 to be exact) saw these two kids walking with James... they saw him crying... they saw one of the boys kick him in the ribs... they saw the horrible bruise on his head... they saw him bleeding... and not one person did a fucking thing about it... 38 fucking people and not ONE did anything! An innocent little child... who never harmed a soul... too little to fight... to little to cry out and say "Help me!"... and no one did a god damn thing about it.

I'm not going to get into all the details of who saw what... or what, exactly, they did to this poor child. A simple search for "James Bulger" on Google will lead you to the details. I don't recommend reading them. I can't get this little boys face out of my head.

I don't know how many people read this blog... shit, I don't know if ANYONE reads this blog... but if you do... if you're reading this right now... please... I beg you... have the balls to do something if you see something that doesn't look right... if something inside you says, "This is not right..." If even ONE person had done that 13 years ago, James might be celebrating his 16th birthday this year. And if you have children... watch them. For crying out fucking loud WATCH THEM. Don't turn your back on them for a second, especially in a crowded place. All it took was a moment of James' mom turning her back, for this trusting little boy to accept the hand of a killer... this was captured by one of the malls security cameras... that image is now forever burned in my memory.

I wish I could get this little boy out of my head. Even moreso, I wish someone would lock me in a room with the two pieces of shit that took his life away. Reformed or not, I would tear them apart piece by fucking piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home